COVID-19 vaccination of priority groups
We are planning for our COVID-19 vaccination service to be open to eligible patients from the middle of the week commencing 11th January 2021 onwards and we will soon start booking our patients into the dedicated clinic accordingly. However, there is a chance that the service will not be available until the following week, and if this is the case, we may need to rearrange appointments.
Please do not contact the practice to request a vaccine, we will contact patients in accordance with the national vaccination schedule.
We are not able to order vaccines, we can only provide vaccines as we receive them, so it will take time to vaccinate everyone. Please continue to follow the Hands, Face, Space guidance that is so very important.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
After careful consideration, New Valley Practice and Chiddenbrook Surgery have agreed to merge in 2021 to form a single practice, including a relocation to the new building on the land next to Tesco. Please follow the link to a more detailed document regarding the merger and an opportunity for patients to express their thoughts on the process.
Merger Patient Information
Welcome to New Valley Practice
03333 442 988
This is our group telephone number which is displayed on your 'phone when we call you from any of our locations.
CHECK THE UP-TO-DATE RULES ON FACE COVERINGS
For clear and simple advice about wearing face coverings on public transport, please go to www.keepsafe.org.uk/posters.
You can also print off your own exemption cards without the need for seeing or speaking to a GP.
A quick guide to attending the surgery
All patients will be asked to wash their hands on entering the surgery building and asked whether they are experiencing a new constant cough or fever. Please be patient during this time and help us to minimise the potential spread of infection.
- Cough or fever – call 111 and do NOT attend the surgery. If 111 advises speaking to a GP, telephone the surgery and a GP will call you.
- Same-day GP appointments and questions – if you are unable to complete an eConsult (accessed via a link on our website and responded to within 48 hours) you will be put on a list for someone to contact you. If you need to attend the surgery, we will let you know and arrange this.
- All routine GP appointments – all patients will be telephoned by a GP who will only ask you to come to the surgery if appropriate.
- All nursing appointments – if you do not have a cough or fever, you may attend. If you are unsure about whether you should attend (e.g. you are in a high risk category), the nurse will assess your need to attend by telephone.
- All COVID-19 related questions that are not appropriate for 111, e.g. “am I at high risk”, patients should consult the GOV.UK website (https://www.gov.uk/) and follow the link to Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the first instance. If you do not find the medical information you require, please complete an eConsult (accessed via a link on our website) and you will receive a response within 48 hours.
Our e-Consult service is available 24/7 and can also be accessed via this website. We encourage patients to use the e-Consult service to ensure that our telephone lines are available for the clinical team to help those most in need.
Please note we aim to respond to your eConsult within 2 working days, so if you submit an eConsult after 6pm on a Friday, you may not receive a response until the following Tuesday.
Please note that we do not accept repeat prescriptions by email. You will need to use our secure online system by following this link https://systmonline.tpp-uk.com
Please note that you will need to register first, so please contact our team for details on 03333 442 988.
Improved Access News
We are pleased to be able to provide our patient community with an extended service. Working alongside our local colleagues within the Primary Care Network will offer a 7 day service. Evening appointments will be available Monday – Friday across the PCN practices, along with a Saturday and Sunday morning service. Please contact the surgery for further information on evening and weekend appointments.
GP National Survey 2018
Check out the results of the recent survey and see how we compare!
With patients' needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations.
Read the Care Quality Commission's (CQC) report following the inspection of the Newcombes Surgery here CQC report
Visit us on Facebook
Get Well, Keep Well
Of course, we’re not just here for when you are unwell. Our team of healthcare professionals and back-up staff offer a number of clinics and services to promote good health and wellbeing whatever your medical condition.
We hope you enjoy having a look around the site and familiarising yourself with some of the online features such as ordering a repeat prescription. Whatever your thoughts, be sure to let us know via our feedback function. Comments and suggestions are always a great way of helping us continue to enhance the way we look after you.
(Site updated 06/01/2021)